FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

USB Blaster II [3-3] vs [1-10.2]

cbhowmik
Employee

What is the difference between the numbers [3-3] vs [1-10.2] after the USB Blaster II banner?

I am having an issue with a customer not able to load a CMF file into an Agilex FPGA.  When customer launches jtagconfig -d, they banner they get with USB Blaster II launch is:

USB Blaster II [3-3] 

Whereas when I run jtagconfig -d, the USB blaster II banner I get is:

USB Blaster II [1-10.2]

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi, may i know how do you load the CMF? You using command line in command shell or quartus programmer? Can you share me the steps?

0 Kudos
cbhowmik
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I was loading the CMF using System Console using command from TCL script: debug_send_bitstream_with_fuse_blown <cmf file>.

I was finally able to use the Quartus programmer command line to convert a CMF to RBF file and load the RBF file using command line quartus_pgm. Since the RBF included the CMF, I was finally successful in loading the desired CMF for the customer.

I also found out that the numbers in square brackets in the USB Blaster II [3-3] represents the USB Cable port that the Blaster is connected to. 

At this point, I can close this question. However there are still open questions on the System Console Software version between what I am using vs the customer since we were not able to load the CMF using System Console that customer was using but I was able to load at my end.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Is the quartus version used the same between you and ur customer? Is there any error messages when you run the TCL script?

0 Kudos
cbhowmik
Employee

The Quartus versions are exactly the same. The error message indicates the loader timed out. It loads 90% of the bytes/words and then times out. I don't have a screenshot of the exact error message unfortunately.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

If possible, please add some delay in your TCL in the interval of the command. Sometimes it might cause issue because of this.

0 Kudos