FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5152 Discussions

USB blaster driver problems: Win 7 x32, Parallels 7

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am fairly new to quarts, I am a student and this is my first semester using it. I am running windows 7 x32 on my mac via parallels 7. I got the Quartus 11.0 software from the university and it works fine but the USB blaster does not show up in the programmer. I tried to install the driver software in the device manager but it says windows could not finder driver software. It is also giving (code 28) 

This is the path I used 

C:\Altera\11.0\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster2\x86 

If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it, I am stumped as well as my professor. 

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Unless you have a Stratix V development kit with a USB-Blaster-II on it, you should be installing the USB-Blaster driver, eg., 

C:\software\altera\11.1sp1\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster 

There were problems with 11.0's drivers. Try using the latest version of Quartus, i.e., 11.1sp1.  

I think someone may have complained about the 11.1sp2 drivers with the web edition ...  

I know that 11.1sp1 works, so start with that. 

Cheers, 

Dave
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your reply, 

I resolved the issue this morning. 

I was trying these paths: 

C:\Altera\11.0\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster2\x86 

C:\Altera\11.0\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster\x32 

The correct path is: 

C:\Altera\11.0\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster 

Embarrassing mistake on my part but I did learn something from it