FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5874 Discussions

Unable to Download Nios2 code

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using DE2 developmet board. I have written a program to simply control the LEDs in the DE2 board using switches using NIOS2. I stored the application program in the Flash. But while downloading the code into hardware I am getting an error message as"VERIFY FAILED BETWEEN ADRESSES 0X1400000 AND 0X140458F LEAVING TARGET PROCESSOR PAUSED" 

A screen shot of the error message and the project code has also been attached.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

even I am facing the same issue .. :confused: . I doubt can we use flash as exception vector. One more thing flash reset signal is not generated from the component editor. U have to maually add the pin at aa18... 

thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm afraid you can't download code into flash memory. You must use flash-programmer or something similar. It seems that downloading code only does 'simple writing', and flash memories requires a cfi with especial rutines for writing. So the verifiy process fails. 

After you write your code into flash, you can do 'Run as.. ' or 'debug as..'. Because code had be written before, downloading it doesn´t get error, and the verify process runs ok. (I'm using this to debug code in flash)
0 Kudos