FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Using VIP Suite

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I want to ask if we can use the Altera Vip Suite components fully to perform image processing operations even if I do not have the license of Quartus i.e. with the time limited version.. 

Thnks 

Sneha
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can develop using OpenCore license. If You need to use cores on the final product - You need to buy the suite.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks I aslo want to know if I can simulate my design using the modelsim PE student edition because I tried it and it is giving me license errors with DDR and cpu

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Better use ModelSim Altera Edition. There's a free one.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, Thanks for suggestion I switched to Altera Modelsim but I still have the problem that when I am trying to compile my design with simulator turned on it is giving me error with DDR2 memory. 

Error: Can't generate netlist output files because the license for encrypted file "D:/DVI_3/All_Workin_codes_14July/DVI_Loop_through_C120_Sneha_Nidhi_Workin/DVI_1080P_Loop_through_C120_Beta_1/hsmc_dvi_1080p_c120_beta/hsmc_dvi_1080p_c120/auk_ddr_hp_controller.vhd" is not available
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There should be core simulation model. Check the project directory.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am getting these errors while comiplation in the Quartus II 10.1 sp1.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

There should be core simulation model. Check the project directory. 

--- Quote End ---  

I didnt understand what you are trying to say here in the post?