FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5919 Discussions

Video and Image Processing Design Example NiosII Problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Everyone, 

Hope I can get your help! I'm new to NiosII and Altera in general.  

I am trying to follow the instructions on the Video and Image Procesing Design Example and there is a part where I have to create a new Nios Application and BSP from Template. The problem is this:  

I have to chose a ".sopcinfo" file to create the project and the BSP. The tutorial states that "the nios ii sbt for eclipse fills in cpu name with the processor name found in the .sopcinfo file.", nevertheless, when the Nios is reading the file, in the upper section there's a statement that says ".sopcinfo does not contain any cpu", and when i click on finish, this dialog appears: "failed to execute: ./create-this-bsp --cpu-name cpu --no-make" 

I have started the NiosII as an admin and in compatibility with XP sp2 and nothing works. 

I don't know if there's a problem with the .sopcinfo file or with the installation or configuration of my Nios. 

I would really appreciate any help! 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I don't know if there's a problem with the .sopcinfo file or with the installation or configuration of my Nios. 

--- Quote End ---  

.sopcinfo is an XML file (ASCII text). You should be able to open it and search for the string "nios2". You ought to find a <module/> similar to this: 

<module name="nios2_qsys_0" kind="altera_nios2_qsys" version="12.0" path="nios2_qsys_0">  

(I believe the important part is "kind=altera_nios2" ). 

Does your .sopcinfo have this? If not, the problem is with your .sopcinfo and not your tools.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you very much for your response! 

It in deed has that part: 

<module  

name="cpu"  

kind="altera_nios2_qsys"  

version="12.1"  

path="cpu"> 

I tried changing the "path" to match the one you put but it was no good. Is there something I can do to change it? 

Thanks very much in advance!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No, you shouldn't have to change it - this is just the value you used in your system when you added the NIOS (the name of the entity) and mine was different. 

It sounds like maybe you have a tools / installation problem. 

What operating system / Quartus / NIOS EDS are you using? Also try googling for those versions and the term "create-this-bsp" to see if you get any similar threads. 

For example, here is one: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34897
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same issue with QII 12.1 64-bit for Linux. 

Have you solved it? 

Many thanks, 

Michele. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Thank you very much for your response! 

It in deed has that part: 

<module  

name="cpu"  

kind="altera_nios2_qsys"  

version="12.1"  

path="cpu"> 

I tried changing the "path" to match the one you put but it was no good. Is there something I can do to change it? 

Thanks very much in advance! 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Solved! 

I was missing a connection in the system contents. 

Michele.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I was missing a connection in the system contents. 

===================================== 

I am meeting it now, plz tell me how to resolve it, thx a lot!!! 

Michele. 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos