FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5921 Discussions

We are requesting an RMA to return 3 IC's for failure analyzes. EPM240T100C3N IC CPLD 192MC 4.7NS 100TQFP

BSTAS
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi BSTAS,

Good day!

Please tell me a story of this fails part. i.e

1. How you discovered it is fails part? Any symptom?
  2. Did you observed any suspected pins failed?
  3. Have you done any failure analysis at your site? If yes, could you share with us?

OR you have any useful information can be shared?

Thanks!

Wani

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE ANY CONFIDENTIAL INFO PUBLICLY. IF YOU NEED TO SEND ANY CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENT THAT REQUIRED OUR INTENTION, PLEASE SEND IT PRIVATELY.

0 Kudos
BSTAS
Beginner

WaniMY,

The part fails with pin 47 shorted to ground. This low causes the PLD to shutdown it's output's, which is what's supposed to happen. The circuitry connected to pin 47 is a 4.99K pullup resistor to 3.3V and an open drain comparator powered from 5V and the gate of a 2N7002 MOSFET. We have approximately 40 devices fielded and have seen four confirmed failures. We are concerned that we could be inducing these failures, although I do no see how and I am looking for guidance on what we could possibly be doing. All of the components connected to this pin are within one inch of the part, so there are no long runs which could be injecting currents that could damage the part. I need to stop these failures from occurring and I will take any help I can get.

Bill Peterson

D&V Electronics

w.peterson@dvelectronics.com

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi BSTAT,

Thank you for your complete explanation.

After reviewing with my team, we agreed to process it through ERMA.

I will send the instruction via private message.

Thanks!

Wani

0 Kudos