FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

What Device on the I2C bus of the Cyclone V SX SoC development board uses address 0x17?

Pvand
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having some problems with the I2C bus-0 on the Cyclone V SX SC SoC development board.

I use this I2C bus for my capacitive touchscreen (address 0x40), what is working but after a some time the entire I2C bus-0 is stuck, because of one device keeping the SDA grounded. Which resolves in to this error:I2C error.pngOnly way to get rid of this error is by cold rebooting the development board.

On the I2C bus are 10 devices. 9 of these are known to me but the device with address 0x17 is unknown to me.

I2C detect.png

I did like to know what device is using address 0x17, because I think this is the device that is causing my problems.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Pvand,

Can you try to check the "system.h" file? All the addresses of all FPGA IPs accessible by ARM is available in it.

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos
EV
Novice
0 Kudos
Pvand
Beginner

Hi EV,

I had checked all documents and couldn't find anything about device 0x17. This is because it is simply missing in the manual.

I found out that device 0x17 is the SDI Cable Driver (LMH0303SQx). Would be nice if Intel did update the manual ;)

After removing resistor R442, device 0x17 was disconnected from the I2C bus-0.

This solved some of my problems.R442.png

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos