FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5153 Discussions

What is Actual Avalon Address width in Traffic Generator ip?

matif
Novice

​I have instantiated my DDR3SDRAM on HPS side and I want to connect it to a traffic generator. I found this avalon traffic generator ip but there is this option of actual Avalon address width option. What is this option about? My address bit is 32 bit.Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Hi matif,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

When you used SOPC Builder System, you need to enable/tick the " Generate per byte address" option and the driver will auto generate per byte address for you. In short, you will see Actual Avalon Address Width = 34 bits (extra 2 bits) when your avalon address width is 32 bits.

Hope this clear.

Thanks

Regards,

NAli1

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Hi matif,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

When you used SOPC Builder System, you need to enable/tick the " Generate per byte address" option and the driver will auto generate per byte address for you. In short, you will see Actual Avalon Address Width = 34 bits (extra 2 bits) when your avalon address width is 32 bits.

Hope this clear.

Thanks

Regards,

NAli1