FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

What programming cable supports the Cyclone EP2C5F256C8 device? I am using the USB Blaster and it doesn't seem to allowing me to program the device. The link below doesn't not list the Cyclone II.

VLor0
Beginner
0 Kudos
7 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

The link provided was broken.

By referring to USB Blaster Userguide(page 3) below, USB blaster do support Cyclone series. You may try to refer to our userguide.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_usb_blstr.pdf

Let me know if you need further information.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
VLor0
Beginner
Aiman, Thanks for the reply. I am trying to examine the checksum from the Cyclone EP2C5F256C8 device? However, when I do a auto detect in the programming mode it detects the device, but it will not allow me to select any of the features: examine, program, verify, etc..? Do you know why? Best Regards, Vue Lor | Engineer RDM Industrial Electronics, Inc. 850 Harmony Grove Rd. | Nebo, NC 28761 Phone: (800) 282-5183 | Fax: (828) 652-2697 Email: vue@rdm.net
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Vue Lor,

-May I know how did you perform this configuration?

-What did you see when you were performing this? Is the feature grey out?

-are you not able to select or is it a functionality problem?

-What file did you use: .sof?.pof?

-what is the bitsream?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
VLor0
Beginner
Aiman, I am using Quartus II 13 SP1 on a Window 7 64 bit, when I open Quartus. I go in the Tools tab and pick programmer. I do auto detect to detect my device, but then all the features are grey out and will not allow me select any feature? Best Regards, Vue Lor | Engineer RDM Industrial Electronics, Inc. 850 Harmony Grove Rd. | Nebo, NC 28761 Phone: (800) 282-5183 | Fax: (828) 652-2697 Email: vue@rdm.net
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Did you do the hardware setup? Can you show me what is your hardware setup?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
VLor0
Beginner
Aiman, Evidently, I figured that the EP2C5 wasn’t programmable? However, I am using Quartus 13 SP1 and USB Blaster on Windows 7 OS 64 bit, but for now I think I am ok. thanks for all your help? Best Regards, Vue Lor | Engineer RDM Industrial Electronics, Inc. 850 Harmony Grove Rd. | Nebo, NC 28761 Phone: (800) 282-5183 | Fax: (828) 652-2697 Email: vue@rdm.net
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Vue Lor,

I apologize that i am not helping so much on your issue. Good to know you are OK. I will proceed to close this case if there is no further request. Feel free to post a new case if you have another request.

Thank you.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos