FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

What tool or example used to translate Arduino/Teensydino code to NIOS code (C/C++)?

MLash2
Novice

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

There is no official support of converting Arduino code to Nios II C code. The longest way would be to re-write the example you use in Arduino to a bare-metal code for Nios II.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MLash2
Novice

Thanks @FJumaah​  for your fast response, I really appreciate that.

Can you give me a start to learn how to do so? I am starting my new company and need to move all the ARDUINO projects to FPGA.

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello sir,

Arduino uses special functions of C language which is not supported in Nios II. the code that will be used to run the Arduino needs to be re-written in a plain C format to be compatible with Nios II. If there are libraries behind that Arduino code, you can use them directly with Nios II. However, this can be easily done if your libraries are written in C, if they are written in C++, you might find some challenges in handling them for Nios II since C++ requires large amount of memory to run on Nios II.

Hope this might help.

0 Kudos
MLash2
Novice

Ohhh, I see. So there is no way to have the code transferred automatically. I will work on manual translation.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
fedlabs
Beginner
0 Kudos