FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Where can I find the part number on an Stratix 10 GX L-tile development kit board?

JSambrook_CSSI_FPGA
New Contributor I

Hello -

I am trying to use the Board Test System to recover the manufacturing configuration of my Stratix 10 GX L-tile development board.

As part of this process, the BTS asks for information about the board. See the screenshot attached below.

One of the pieces of information it wants to know is the Board P/N. I can't find that information on the board I have. I can find a sticker with the serial number, but I can't find the board P/N.

Question 1: Is it printed on the board or is it somewhere else?

From a NIOS2 command shell, the JTAG chain from the device appears to be wrong. It indicates the wrong FPGA part number. See the additional screenshot attached below.

In the output from jtagconfig.exe --debug, the FPGA part number is 1SG280HH....

To my knowledge, the correct FPGA part number for my board starts with 1SG280LU....

When I proceed to try to do the restore, it fails with different JTAG chain errors from time to time. I will attach a few log files. 

The top level folder name of the development software package that I am using is: stratix10GX_1sg280uf50_fpga_revd_v18.0b219_v1.0.

Question 2: Are there any updates to the Board Test Software that would help me with this?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Best Regards,

John Sambrook

Common Sense Systems, Inc.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

Is this the board you are using now? please confirm.

link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/stratix/10-gx.html

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

If the link I gave matching with your board, I checked the userguide, link: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-s10-fpga-devl-kit.pdf

page : 6

Chapter : 2.1.1

Clause : 3

There is a guide now to identify the board serial number, quoted like below:

" Locate the serial number printed on the side of the development kit box below the bottom bar code. The number consists of alphanumeric characters and does not contain hyphens. "

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
JSambrook_CSSI_FPGA
New Contributor I

Hello Farabi -

I asked about the part number, not the serial number.

I have the serial number.

I need the part number of the board that I have.

There are two variants of the development kit. One is for the "H-tile" variant and the other is for the "L-tile" variant.

I have the L-tile variant: It's model number is: DK-DEV-1SGX-L-A. The FPGA associated with the board is a 1SG280LU2F50E2VG device.

When the Board Test System is about to restore a board to the factory (as manufactured) configuration, it asks for information, such as the board serial number, the board part number, and the revision level. Yet it's not all clear where such information is located.

As it stands right now, restoring the "as manufactured" system state isn't working. The update process often seems to fail because it assumes the wrong type of device. When it doesn't find the right type of device on the JTAG chain while restoring, the restore process fails.

Please actually look at the attached log files or have someone else look at them. I would like to know that I have restored my development board to the "as manufactured" state.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

John Sambrook

Be

0 Kudos
JSambrook_CSSI_FPGA
New Contributor I

Hi Farabi -

Any progress on answering this request for support?

Please update.

Best Regards,

John Sambrook

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I'm still in the midst of the discussion regarding this with the internal teams . Unfortunately, it takes longer than usual heard

I will plan on letting you know as soon as I learn more information. Really appreciate your patience.

Warm Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
JSambrook_CSSI_FPGA
New Contributor I

Thank you, Nazrul.

I can imagine that it's a difficult and slow process. I appreciate that this issue has not been forgotten.

Best Regards,

John Sambrook

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The part number for DK-DEV-1SGX-L-A is 1SG280LU2F50E2VG.

Regards.

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided, please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos