FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

Which development suite should be used for Skylake-P Blue Mountain Pass?

JKwan
Beginner

My customer is trying to compile and run hello world from the link below on Skylake-P Blue Mountain Pass.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/design-software/embedded-software-developers/opencl/developer-zone.html#design-examples

He is using the following FPGA development suite.

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/?edition=pro

He was able to compile but ran into the following issue:

"If I run aocl flash a10gx bin/hello_world.aocx it starts to run the program and then says the cable is not connected. Error: (213013) Programming hardware cable not detected. … flash program failed."

I felt that he may be running a wrong combination of the platform/example/development suite.

Thank you,

Jackson

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It has nothing to do with the development suite. The error indicates that either there's problem accessing the card over PCIe (driver issue perhaps?) or the USB Blaster (JTAG) cable is not connected.

0 Kudos
JKwan
Beginner

Thank you. But the FPGA component is not a PCIE AIC card. It is the Skylake-P (FPGA is embedded).

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

So how is it connected to the computer you are using to download programming data to the flash memory? If it's not PCIe, then it's got to be JTAG.

0 Kudos
JKwan
Beginner

The customer was just compiling on the SKX-P system directly. Is it not supposed to do that?

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Make sure the board with FPGA is connected to the system via the USB Blaster cable or other other JTAG cable. As mentioned earlier, if you're compiling OpenCL on a separate dev system using the Quartus software tools, the board needs to be connected to this system for the tool to be able to download the hardware and software files onto the board. Make sure that this connection between the FPGA-CPU board and the system is there before compiling and downloading the code.

0 Kudos