FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5921 Discussions

Why the lvds wave of true lvds tx channel is worse than the lvds wave of Emulated lvds tx when use true and Emulated lvds tx at the same time?

Lambert
New Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I accounted one problem when I use true and emulated lvds tx at the same time. For Arria V GX FPGA, I use the same lvds_tx ip for Emulated and True lvds tx which serial factor is 2, and Emulated lvds tx has one additional altiobuf ip compared to True lvds tx. In addition, the Emulated IO standard is LVDS_E_3R, True lvds IO standard is LVDS. When I view wave of the pin of Emulated tx and the pin of True tx, I find that the wave of Emulated tx will better than True tx , and the wave of True tx more likes noise, hardly see the waveform as a differential signal. It's so strange. Can anyone give some suggestion?

Thanks,

Lambert

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lambert
New Contributor I

The problem is that Emulated and True tx should use the same I/O standard ----- LVDS_E_3R.​

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lambert
New Contributor I

The problem is that Emulated and True tx should use the same I/O standard ----- LVDS_E_3R.​

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the acknowledgment and sharing the solution.

0 Kudos
Lambert
New Contributor I

Hi RSree,

The above solution is wrong, because I don't insert terminating resistor when I monitor the lvds wave on the true lvds I/O, so it's okay to use lvds standard for the true lvds I/O interface.

Lambert

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

it's okay to use lvds standard for the true lvds I/O interface. - okay fine

0 Kudos