FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

Will JTAG USB Byte Blaster II work with MAX10 at 3.0V VCCIO?

SNeye
Novice

Hi,

I see from USB Blaster II user guide linked below that the VCCtrgt for the MAX10 is based on VCCIO. I am using 3.0V nominal VCCIO for all the I/O banks of the MAX10. However in the user guide for the byte blaster it seems that 3.0V VCCtrgt is not listed.

Is this simply omitted for simplicity, or is the USB Byte Blaster II device not expected to work with a nominal 3.0V VCC (of course nominal means it could be slightly higher or lower within the tolerance of the MAX10 and the tolerance of the power supply on the board). Would just like to verify that the USB Byte Blaster II will work at 3.0V VCCIO as it's not clear to me from user guide. If this information is located somwhere and I have missed it please let me know.

Thanks!

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_usb_blstr_ii_cable.pdfCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

The Table 5 , page no: 12 of the below document shows the recommended operating conditions.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_usb_blstr_ii_cable.pdf

The page no:3 shows the supported voltage standards that includes single-ended I/O standards from 1.5V to 3.3V , so the voltage standard specified on the above thread will not have issues.

SNeye
Novice

Thanks for the reply.

I do see on page 3 that it says the supported voltage standards include single-ended I/O standards from 1.5V to 3.3V

However the Table 5 on page no: 12 that you mentioned lists all the single-ended I/O standards from 1.5V to 3.3V EXCEPT for 3.0V which is why I am unsure. The voltage standard specified on above thread is not listed in the table while every other voltage standard is. I was wondering if perhaps 3.0V is not considered a standard single-ended I/O standard from 1.5V to 3.3V.

Can you clarify, are you saying that the 3.0V Voltage standard really should have been included in table 5 on page 12, but was left out by mistake?

Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

I cannot provide official clarification on the above . I believe if the data sheet specifies 3V as minimum , the above configuration should work.

0 Kudos