FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5919 Discussions

Win Vista: Bemicro hardware not found?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

This is for Quartus II 9.1 web edition and Windows Vista. 

I installed the drivers for the bemicro and I didn't get any errors but now I want to program the code using the Quartus II web edition but the hardware ...is not there. The instructions says to go to tools then programmer, hardware setup, currently selected hardware and pick "Arrow-USB-Blaster". The only entry is "No hardware". I tried the add hardware button but I got nowhere. I can see the Arrow USB A and B in the list of devices (in the device manager). There is also a COM5 under ports. Can anyone help? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you perform the programmer setup, that copies jtag_hw_arrow_usb_blaster.dll to the Quartus directory?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Nope. I guess I missed that part in the instructions. I see a "programmer" folder with a setup.exe file. Is that how you set up the programmer?  

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It's described in the user manual. Simply execute setup.exe in the \programmer folder.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A word to the wise: Follow the instructions in the BeMicro tutorial with exactness. I acted as sort of a T.A. for one of the workshops that Arrow put on and everyone who had trouble getting things running did so because they failed to read the instructions carefully. 

Another big stumbling block was people would place the project in a file path that contained spaces (also forbidden in the tutorial). 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yeap. That fixed that problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos