FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Write to EPC in DE10-Nano

Ernesto-Sola
Novice

Hello,

I have been now for a while trying to write to the onboard EPC in the DE10-Nano board, and I have not been able to. I have followed step by step the datasheet, changed the dip pin configurations, reinstalled the related drivers on my PC, tried different cables, and nothing works. I can upload a .sof file without any problem to my board, but if I try to convert this to a .jic file and then upload this to the onboard EPCS128 using JTAG, the process just fails. It doesn't give me any errors. It just shows failed in the progress bar from the programmer window. If anyone knows how to do this or has related resources, I would be happy to see them.

Thank you!

Ernesto

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

It would be better to debug with error message. The error message will appear in Message Box down there in Quartus.

0 Kudos
Ernesto-Sola
Novice

Hello YuanLi,

When I try to write the .JIC file to the EPCS of my DE10-Nano board I am getting the following error message: 

Error (209015): Can't configure device. Expected JTAG ID code 0x02D120DD for device 2, but found JTAG ID code 0x02D020DD. Make sure the location of the target device on the circuit board matches the device's location in the device chain in the Chain Description File (.cdf).

This is how I have the .cdf file configured, to make the .JIC file I followed the instructions in the datasheet.

ErnestoSola_0-1639325926685.png

Thank you!

Ernesto 

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
Ernesto-Sola
Novice

I think I made some progress, I changed the default state for the unused pins to input-tristate and now I am getting the following error code:

Info (209060): Started Programmer operation at Tue Dec 14 00:43:55 2021
Info (209016): Configuring device index 2
Info (209017): Device 2 contains JTAG ID code 0x02D020DD
Info (209007): Configuration succeeded -- 1 device(s) configured
Info (209018): Device 2 silicon ID is 0x16
Error (209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 2. A device's silicon ID is different from its JTAG ID. Verify that all cables are securely connected, select a different device, or check the power on the target system. Make sure the device pins are connected and configured correctly.
Error (209012): Operation failed
Info (209061): Ended Programmer operation at Tue Dec 14 00:43:59 2021

Is this something that needs to be overwritten by hand or do I have some configuration files wrong?

Thank you!

Ernesto 

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

For this error message, can you check the following?

"Error (209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 2. A device's silicon ID is different from its JTAG ID. Verify that all cables are securely connected, select a different device, or check the power on the target system. Make sure the device pins are connected and configured correctly."

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/13.0/mergedProjects/msgs/msgs/epgme_device_siid_error.htm

0 Kudos