FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

can install BoardTestSystem.exe -- startix 10 gx development board

Anands
Beginner

Hi all

When i tried to install "BoardTestSystem.exe" in windows 10... im getting an error "The application was "unable to start correctly(0x0000007b). Click OK to close the application"... in the other hand the programmer was able to find the JTAG.... could not able to install the BTS... any clue about this error.

thanks

Anand

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Will check with the board team and get back to you.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

One workaround to open the BoardTestSystem.exe, ClockController.exe and PowerMonitor.exe.

• Open Command Prompt
  • Navigate to folder with BoardTestSystem.exe, ClockController.exe and PowerMonitor.exe
  • Type following commands for each of the tools:
    • java -Xmx256m -jar bts.jar - For BoardTestSystem.exe
    • java -Xmx256m -jar bts.jar -mode clk - For ClockController.exe
    • java -Xmx256m -jar bts.jar -mode pwr - For PowerMonitor.exe

Regards

0 Kudos
Simon_Tam
Beginner

I replaced the library file and launced from command line as suggested. However it gave the following error:

Starting application on Windows 10...
Oct 04, 2022 4:37:41 PM com.intel.bts.CommandShell getJtagClock
SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "d:/intelfpga_pro/22.2/quartus/bin/jtagconfig": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

The reason is that jtagconfig is in d:/intelfpga_pro/22.2/quartus/bin64. Therefore the application could not find it. I tried copying jtagconfig to d:/intelfpga_pro/22.2/quartus/bin and ran but it gave error message about not able to find any devices from scan. 

Simon

0 Kudos