FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

clock generator IC of cyclone III...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i want to build starter board myself..... but at starter board schematic document i didn't see IC series for clock generator..... they are Y1 and Y2, 50 MHz and 24 MHz clock generator.... please tell me the IC series.. 

Regards, 

Gunawan Sinariadi
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you have a look in the "assembly" folder, just next to the one with the schematics, and look for an Excel file with "BOM" in the name. It is the list of all the components, with the manufacturer names and part numbers.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ok i will check that files..... thanks

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

These are standard 3.3V crystal oscillators, available from many vendors in various package styles. You'll find them at any catalog distributor of your choice.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

standard crystal at my place only have 2 feet. not available at 4 feet. this crystall have VCC pin and GND pin.... difficult to find at my place.... can i change it with 2 feet crystall? or i have to order it from other country 

Regards,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I clearly said crystal oscillator in contrast to just a crystal. You would have to design a crystal oscillator around the crystal, e.g. by utilizing an unbuffered inverter. But it's only simple for low frequencies, I strongly suggest to use a ready-made oscillator. Cylone III PLL gives you the option to use nearly any clock input frequency you can realize.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ok ok..... thanks

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ic ic..... understand

0 Kudos