FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

custom serial flash interface at ARRIA 10 GX

NZami
Beginner

I work with arria 10 GX FPGA . I have block that implement serial flash interface that can read, write and erase sectors. I want to use this interface to work with the configuration flash (used DCLK, nCSO and other signal). how can I do it? I see that this pins are not dual purpose pins like in others FPGA. thanks Niv.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Let me re-phrase the question and make sure i understand your question correctly,

You have your own serial flash module which you want to connect to the FPGA Configuration IO for configuration right ?

if yes , actually good questions ..there might be a way to do it ... iam not sure .let me check and come back to you ...Meanwhile can you send me the your flash module part number if it is supported by the IP i can suggest the other way to do it ? Also can you send me your block ..i will try my best to implement the same ?

Thank you ,

Regards,

Sree

0 Kudos
NZami
Beginner

Hi Sree,

You understand correctly.

the flash I use is Micron Serial NOR Flash N25Q512A.

My block implement SPI protocoll using  signals: flash_csn, flash_si , flash_so, flash_wpn , flash_holdn, flash_clk .

With this interface I execute READ, WRITE, EARASE and others commands.

I used the same block with cyclone 10 LP FPGA and it's work perfect. At the cyclone 10 I configure the flash pins (DCLK, DATA0, DATA1..)

to be dual purpose pins.

If you have solution for me that will be great.

Niv.

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Hello Niv,

I am sorry it is not possible to use the dedicated pin as the dual purpose pin.I took time to give a try before saying "NO".

Can it possible to use the SFL IP ?

there is generic IP available in the quartus , Can you give a try and let me know ?

Thank you ,

Regards,

Sree

0 Kudos