FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

cyclone 10gx-lvds_cdr

smile123
New Contributor I

在使用10cx220YU484芯片仿真时,使用lvds_serdes的ip核配置rx_cdr功能,内部pll模式。

时钟使用的时全局时钟输入引脚clk[xx]_2K,然后输入引脚时带cdr功能的引脚,编译出现Error: SDC cannot find the PLL that drives DPA. Clock settings of channel 0 are not created. Please check the PLL to LVDS IP connectivity. 

上面时钟输入和数据输入都是lvds标准,都处于2K Bank,希望可以得到解答。

0 Kudos
7 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi

Can you share with us a sample design that is causing the issue? 

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
smile123
New Contributor I

您好,不好意思,现在才看到您的回复,下面这个是我用20.1_pro的软件建立的工程,非常期待您的解答。

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

I am sorry for overlook your response here. Let me take a look and get back to you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi there

We looked at the design and the issue seems to be from the generated SDC file of the LVDS SERDES IP. We created a standalone LVDS SERDES design with the same setting as your design does, and we don't see such error exist.

Few things we want to point out:

1. there are unconstraint clocks in the design, though those unconstraint clocks don't seem related to this issue after we fixed them. 

2. we switched the LVDS SERDES IP from soft-CDR to RX DPA mode, and we see that this error goes away.

3. We created a simple design with just the LVDS SERDES IP with all the similar setting, and we don't see this error happened. We compare the generated SDC file with the one in your design, and both SDC files are the same.

Questions:

1. Do you upgrade the IP which is generated from other Quartus version? From the Quartus setting file, we saw that the original Quartus version was 17.1. 

thanks

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi there

I hope you have your issue resolved. Since we do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that have been provided, this thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
smile123
New Contributor I

不好意思,现在才回复您,目前这个问题Error: SDC cannot find the PLL that drives DPA. Clock settings of channel 0 are not created. Please check the PLL to LVDS IP connectivity. 是在外部PLL情况下使用的出现的,你给的那个内部PLL的确没有这个问题。

但是,我现在需要使用外部PLL,我查阅lvds相关手册,有说明在使用外部PLL时,需要在SDC文件中添加 derive_pll_clocks -create_base_clocks 这一句话,但是我不知道怎么去建立一个SDC文件。您这边可以帮忙看一下吗,我一会上传一下我现在的工程。

提前感谢您的解答!

0 Kudos
smile123
New Contributor I

这个是我现在的工程。

0 Kudos