FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

data transfer from fpga to hps

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear all, 

i am using Altera SOC (Cyclone V) development board for my project. 

This board is receiving data on its GPIO (which is connected to FPGA side) at the rate of 27 MHz. It is continuous stream. 

I want this data to be available to ARM processor so that i will write c code to access this data and modify it and send it over ethernet.  

I am requesting help for how to access this data from c code? i have read that there are FPGA-to-HPS bridge through which data can be passed from FPGA to HPS. But in detail i am unable to figure it out this. Requesting for any design example or any links. 

Thank in advance
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you figured it out? 

I have the same question.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can some one please reply to this post? I would like to know how to do this as well. We need this for our project.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Can some one please reply to this post? I would like to know how to do this as well. We need this for our project. 

--- Quote End ---  

Has anyone made progress with this? I need to do it too. I only need to transfer four bytes at low speed. Chapter 5 of the Altera HPS documentation describes the three interfaces but now how to actually do it. Rocketboards.org have a couple reference designs that might help.
0 Kudos