FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

design store example AN881: PCIe AVMM DMA Gen3x16 DDR4 and HBM2 is unable to install

MichaelB
New Contributor I

Hello!

During installing the design store example I am facing the following command line error:

[<myUser>] /<pathToWorkspace>/HBM2_Test % quartus_sh --platform_install -package ./pcie_to_hbm2_ddr4_top_19_1_0_240.par /<path>/altera/quartus/19.1.0.240-pro-c03/quartus/common/tcl/internal/ Info: ******************************************************************* Info: Running Quartus Prime Shell Info: Version 19.1.0 Build 240 03/26/2019 Patches 0.03 SJ Pro Edition Info: Copyright (C) 2019 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Info: Your use of Intel Corporation's design tools, logic functions Info: and other software and tools, and any partner logic Info: functions, and any output files from any of the foregoing Info: (including device programming or simulation files), and any Info: associated documentation or information are expressly subject Info: to the terms and conditions of the Intel Program License Info: Subscription Agreement, the Intel Quartus Prime License Agreement, Info: the Intel FPGA IP License Agreement, or other applicable license Info: agreement, including, without limitation, that your use is for Info: the sole purpose of programming logic devices manufactured by Info: Intel and sold by Intel or its authorized distributors. Please Info: refer to the applicable agreement for further details, at Info: https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/eula. Info: Processing started: Tue Apr 28 14:41:01 2020 Info: Command: quartus_sh --platform_install -package ./pcie_to_hbm2_ddr4_top_19_1_0_240.par Info: Quartus(args): -package ./pcie_to_hbm2_ddr4_top_19_1_0_240.par /<path>/altera/quartus/19.1.0.240-pro-c03/quartus/common/tcl/internal/qsh_platform_install.tcl version #1 (Quartus 19.1.0) Info: Using Platform package: ./pcie_to_hbm2_ddr4_top_19_1_0_240.par   could not set modification time for file "/<pathToWorkspace>/HBM2_Test/devplatforms/19.1.0": not owner while executing "file mtime $name $header(mtime)" (procedure "::tar::untar" line 58) invoked from within "::tar::untar $platform_qar_name -dir $destination_dir " invoked from within "if ($gui_mode) { puts "" puts "Error: Installer GUI is still under development." puts "Please use command line for the time be..." (procedure "main" line 52) invoked from within "main platform_version" (file "/<path>/altera/quartus/19.1.0.240-pro-c03/quartus/common/tcl/internal/qsh_platform_install.tcl" line 231) ------------------------------------------------ Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script /<path>/altera/quartus/19.1.0.240-pro-c03/quartus/common/tcl/internal/qsh_platform_install.tcl unsuccessful Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 0 warnings Error: Peak virtual memory: 1003 megabytes Error: Processing ended: Tue Apr 28 14:47:10 2020 Error: Elapsed time: 00:06:09

I was checking the created folder "devplatforms" ( I am the owner) but inside there is another created folder named "19.1.0" which owner is "33"(unix invalid user).

drwxrwsr-x 3 <myUser> <myGroup>  4096 Apr 28 14:24 devplatforms

drwxr-xr-x 2 33 <group> 4096 Apr 28 14:38 19.1.0

This is probably the reason why it failed with the owner error.

I do not have any access with my owner.

I tried by creating the folder by my own but obviously the folder will be removed and re-created by the install process.

Is this a known issue or do you know how to fix it?

Is the creator of the folder "19.1.0" the user which installed Quartus and if this person is not available anymore the owner "33"comes up?

Is there a .tar.gz file for the project available, too, without installing it?

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir, I have zip the project directory which passed full compilation. The zip file size is more than 500MB, thus the way to send you the file is a bit complicated.

First install filezilla that can download from https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Open filezilla,

Host: secureftp.intel.com

username: tmp01111

password: @N881zip

port : 21

click quick connect

This login information will expired in 7 days.

After successfully connection, you can see the AN881.zip on the right bottom window. Hope this helps😉

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

We don't see any issue here. I tried few time in my Window10 and linux environment, I can install it without problem.

At your side, maybe you can try to login as super user so that you can get access on all folder? Or download other .par file see if you can install them?

For timely manner, do you want me to send you the design project?so that you can use the design even you are unable to install it.

Thanks

BC

MichaelB
New Contributor I

Hi,

thanks a lot for your fast reply!

I've tried it with another .par file but I got the same issue.

I think it's a problem in our environment..due I'm working in a company I don't think I can get super user access rights.

Thanks for your offer, I would really appreciate if you can send me the design project!

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir, I have zip the project directory which passed full compilation. The zip file size is more than 500MB, thus the way to send you the file is a bit complicated.

First install filezilla that can download from https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Open filezilla,

Host: secureftp.intel.com

username: tmp01111

password: @N881zip

port : 21

click quick connect

This login information will expired in 7 days.

After successfully connection, you can see the AN881.zip on the right bottom window. Hope this helps😉

MichaelB
New Contributor I

Worked without problems and is compiling now!

Thank you very much for your awesome support! 🙂

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

You're welcome 😃

0 Kudos