FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5145 Discussions

dev kit for my reqd (PCIe+ARM SoC)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi Altera,<br>I am trying to understand what development kit would best suit my needs.<br>I am looking for a dev kit which has the following.<br>1) ARM core embedded (HPS) system.<br>2) PCIe gold fingers (Gen2 and or Gen3).<br>3) Atleast 4 Ethernet ports (1G should be okay).<br><br>All of the above might not be available on the same board, I am ok with Daughter board + dev kit combination to get this setup.<br>Please let me know which dev kit should I consider to get this option.<br><br>Also I see cyclone V and Arria V some variants supports ARM dual core SoC.<br>But what is the difference between them?&nbsp;<br>For Cyclone V SoC:&nbsp;altera has: products/devkits/altera/kit-cyclone-v-soc.html.<br>There is no dev kit for Arria V SoC.<br><br>Also, does the kit also involve licences for tools? Quartus and Qsys.<br>Does it have inbuilt simulation as well, like ModelSim.<br><br>Xilinx has one xilinx has: products/boards-and-kits/EK-Z7-ZC706-G.htm <br>This has dev kit with atleast PCIe and SoC together. Does Altera have any similar product?<br><br>I am sorry I am new to Altera and would like some help.<br>I tried reaching to Altera through phone, but can't find the right folks too.<br><br>Any inputs would be much appreciated.<br>-LN<br><br><br><br>

0 Kudos
0 Replies