FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5237 Discussions

devkit startix5 pcie-demo issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

i tried to run demo pcie example that shipped with kit but it stall at ltssm: detect.Active !! , i know that was issue at ACDS less than 12 , but i'm using 13  

the example provided use hard IP pcie with X8 and gen2 , Avalon_st as application and print out link state and on board LED . 

have anyone face such issue ? 

thanks, 

Amr
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

do you re-generate pcie-core? 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi all, 

i tried to run demo pcie example that shipped with kit but it stall at ltssm: detect.Active !! , i know that was issue at ACDS less than 12 , but i'm using 13  

the example provided use hard IP pcie with X8 and gen2 , Avalon_st as application and print out link state and on board LED . 

have anyone face such issue ? 

thanks, 

Amr 

--- Quote End ---  

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes i generated another one with same connection of example ,but i've figure out problem cause : 

we must set test_in[5] = 0;  

to allow pcie enter compliance mode  

the another issue now that Ltssm stall at Polling.Compliance(3) state !! 

i doubt that the cause of this problem from either "reconfig_xcvr_clk" as it set to 125MHz and have timeQuest -ve slack or "I\O pin standard" as it silghtly different from rerferance manul of kit 

thanks,
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am having a similar issue with the Cyclone IV devkit. I have set test_in to be 40'h88, and on certain ports of my Dell computer the board stalls on the LTSSM state "Polling.Compliance". 

Any help would be appreciated.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

this values of test_in that make my dev kit run successful training: 

test_in[4:0] = 5'b01000; 

test_in[5] = 0; 

test_in[31:6] = 26'h2; 

and please make sure of pcie lane switch of your kit . it should match your design's lanes. 

thanks, 

Amr