FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

devkit startix5 pcie-demo issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

i tried to run demo pcie example that shipped with kit but it stall at ltssm: detect.Active !! , i know that was issue at ACDS less than 12 , but i'm using 13  

the example provided use hard IP pcie with X8 and gen2 , Avalon_st as application and print out link state and on board LED . 

have anyone face such issue ? 

thanks, 

Amr
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

do you re-generate pcie-core? 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi all, 

i tried to run demo pcie example that shipped with kit but it stall at ltssm: detect.Active !! , i know that was issue at ACDS less than 12 , but i'm using 13  

the example provided use hard IP pcie with X8 and gen2 , Avalon_st as application and print out link state and on board LED . 

have anyone face such issue ? 

thanks, 

Amr 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes i generated another one with same connection of example ,but i've figure out problem cause : 

we must set test_in[5] = 0;  

to allow pcie enter compliance mode  

the another issue now that Ltssm stall at Polling.Compliance(3) state !! 

i doubt that the cause of this problem from either "reconfig_xcvr_clk" as it set to 125MHz and have timeQuest -ve slack or "I\O pin standard" as it silghtly different from rerferance manul of kit 

thanks,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am having a similar issue with the Cyclone IV devkit. I have set test_in to be 40'h88, and on certain ports of my Dell computer the board stalls on the LTSSM state "Polling.Compliance". 

Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

this values of test_in that make my dev kit run successful training: 

test_in[4:0] = 5'b01000; 

test_in[5] = 0; 

test_in[31:6] = 26'h2; 

and please make sure of pcie lane switch of your kit . it should match your design's lanes. 

thanks, 

Amr
0 Kudos