Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CKang11
Novice

how to use get_device_names

hi.I have some problems in FPGA . Now i am debugging my application using VJTAG. but I cannot get the device name using get_device_names'

The command is exec C:\\altera\\10.0\\quartus\\bin64\\quartus_stp --tcl_eval get_device_names -hardware_name USB-Blaster[usb-0]

some errors happen. In the attachment you will see it.how I solve it?the quartus II version is 10. FPGA EP3C25Q240

33 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Chen Kang,

I think the method to execute the command is not correct. Kindly refer to link below for the correct format.

https://www.intel.cn/content/dam/altera-www/global/zh_CN/pdfs/literature/manual/tclscriptrefmnl.pdf (Page 287)

Regards,

YL

CKang11
Novice

I have try, can not solve it

CKang11
Novice

someone help me?urgent

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Chen Kang,

Can check if your USB Blaster is in usb-0? Also, can you use USB-0 instead of usb-0.

Regards,

YL

CKang11
Novice

hi,yes, the command get_hardware _names is used. usb-blaster[usb-0] is displayed.It is strange . when i use signaltapII , the device name may be seen in it.This show the usb-blaster and device are ok. Also the script file u give me from the quartus scripting reference manual is not run.what can I do?
CKang11
Novice

do u receive the email I sent?pls answer me
CKang12
Beginner

hi,yes, the command get_hardware _names is used. usb-blaster[usb-0] is displayed.It is strange . when i use signaltapII , the device name may be seen in it.This show the usb-blaster and device are ok. Also the script file u give me from the quartus scripting reference manual is not run.what can I do?

CKang12
Beginner

now I use USB-0 instead of usb-0. Itdoesn'twork.In the attachment u will seethe image

CKang12
Beginner

CKang12
Beginner

Do u give me some advice on it?it is urgent, my project stop due to it. pls answer me as soon as possible

CKang12
Beginner

now I use USB-0 instead of usb-0.Itdoesn'twork.In the attachment u will seethe image

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Chen Kang,

It might be due to several reason. Can you try to execute "get_hardware_names" and get the correct hardware name. After you got it, then you use the hardware_name with the "get_devices_name" command.

Regards,

YL

CKang11
Novice

yes, i have done it, 1. get_hardware_names is used, the usb-blaster[ usb-0] is returned. 2, I use get_device_names -hardware_names usb-blaster[usb-0], but errors happen. what should I do?
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Can you show me the screenshot? would like the check the command correctness

CKang11
Novice

in the attachment

Hi CKang12,

You cannot use the tcl console in the Quartus software to run the jtag package which is only available in quartus_stp.

In the xterm,

1) quartus_sh -s

2) get_hardware_names to determine the names of the programming hardware attached to and configured for the JTAG server

3) get_device_names -hardware_name <hardware name>

Thanks.

Kay
Beginner

CKang11
Novice

hi, quartus_stp has been called before get_device_names.(the command is quartus_stp --tcl_eval get_hardware --get_hardware_name usb-blaster[usb-0]. In addition , get_hardware_names , which belong to jtag pakage,can be used in tcl_console(quartus_stp --tcl_eval get_hardware_names). the result is displayed: usb-blaster[usb-0]. If the command get_hardware_names is uesed without quartus_stp, the command can not work
CKang11
Novice

hi, quartus_stp has been called before get_device_names.(the command is quartus_stp --tcl_eval get_hardware --get_hardware_name usb-blaster[usb-0]. In addition , get_hardware_names , which belong to jtag pakage,can be used in tcl_console(quartus_stp --tcl_eval get_hardware_names). the result isdisplayed: usb-blaster[usb-0]. If the command get_hardware_names is uesed without quartus_stp,  the command can not work

CKang11
Novice

hi, quartus_stp has been called before get_device_names.(the command is quartus_stp --tcl_eval get_hardware --get_hardware_name usb-blaster[usb-0]. In addition , get_hardware_names , which belong to jtag pakage,can be used in tcl_console(quartus_stp --tcl_eval get_hardware_names). the result isdisplayed: usb-blaster[usb-0]