FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

implement PCIe on Arria 10 EVM board

dsun01
New Contributor III

Dear Expert, 

I am new to the Arria 10 and PCIe, from the ug_a10_soc_dev_kit.pdf, I/O connections has two PCIe options

FMC_PCIe Gen2 x8 EP cable
FPGA PCIe GEN1/2/3 x8 RC slot

is it possible to instantiate a EP on the RC slot and use a male to male cable connect the EVM board to a PC PCIe slot.  Could anyone give me some detail instruction how to implement this with the Hardcore/softcore?

Appreciate your help.

David adaptor2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

The concern here is the direction of the PCIe refclk and also the PERST. When you used it as EP, both of them are input ports. For the RP (default), both of them are output ports. It is suggested to use the Arria10 development kits for the PCIe Endpoint application if possible.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-a10-gx-fpga.html

Regards -SK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

The concern here is the direction of the PCIe refclk and also the PERST. When you used it as EP, both of them are input ports. For the RP (default), both of them are output ports. It is suggested to use the Arria10 development kits for the PCIe Endpoint application if possible.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-a10-gx-fpga.html

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
dsun01
New Contributor III

Hi SengKok

Thank you very much, I need some time to digest your reply, I accept it as solution, I may get back to this topic if I have more question, appreciate your help.

David Sun

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos