FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

neek nios ii tutorial

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello im a student doing a final project concerning programming nios ii processor. Does anybody can tell where to start learning writing application. I kinda understand the idea behind the Qsys but most of tutorial concerning writing c/c++ already have files prepared. Do you know some where i can start learning the basics of c within nios ii system? Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Writing code for Nios II is very similar to any other processor. I recommend going through the software development tutorial up on the Nios II literature page, it might help fill in the gaps. I would also look at some of the simplier software examples built into the Eclipse tools like hello_world, board_diag, memtest, etc... These will give you an idea how to access the peripherals in your system.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a question have you by any chance completed the system architect design tutorial cause i have encountered some problems and it is essential for my studies i would like if i made a mistake or is there a mistake cause the completed system neither worked on my NEEK board

0 Kudos