FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

neek nios ii tutorial

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello im a student doing a final project concerning programming nios ii processor. Does anybody can tell where to start learning writing application. I kinda understand the idea behind the Qsys but most of tutorial concerning writing c/c++ already have files prepared. Do you know some where i can start learning the basics of c within nios ii system? Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Writing code for Nios II is very similar to any other processor. I recommend going through the software development tutorial up on the Nios II literature page, it might help fill in the gaps. I would also look at some of the simplier software examples built into the Eclipse tools like hello_world, board_diag, memtest, etc... These will give you an idea how to access the peripherals in your system.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a question have you by any chance completed the system architect design tutorial cause i have encountered some problems and it is essential for my studies i would like if i made a mistake or is there a mistake cause the completed system neither worked on my NEEK board