FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

no nios ii target connection.

ukuma8
Beginner

eclipse is not detecting any target connection and i downloaded .sof file in FPGA. i pressed several times refersh connections but it is not detecting. in my design niosii,clk with 24mhz,on chip mem,jtag uart and pio.iam using quartus ii 13.1 ver in windows 8,cyclone iii fpga and USB blaster ii. please help..

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Uday,

Refresh connections after selecting the checkbox "Ignore mismatched system ID" and "Ignore mismatched system timestamp.

under Run->run configuration->Nios ii harware->new_configuration->target connection tab-> and select Ignore mismatched system ID" and "Ignore mismatched system timestamp.

Regards

Anan

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

Hi anand,

thanku for ur reply.

i had tried by ignoring the mismatched system id and timestap still not detecting any target connection.please help...

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Maybe .sof file not loaded or tool, before concluding

Can you try using the example project?

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

thanku for u reply.

yes we followed example project and .sof file was loaded. I verified this by writing vhdl code (GPIO toggle with input clk 24mhz) in portmap file(top level entity) and compiled and loaded .sof file in FPGA it shows 100%. please help..

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Try using different Quartus version.

Have you used example project???

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

please tell me quartus versions which supports cyclone iii family

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Cyclone iii family is supported from Quartus 10 till Quartus 13.1.

​Please check below link

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

thanku for ur reply.

i followed tutorials (introduction to qsys,my first nios tutorial etc.) Can u give any sample example project for cyclone iii which supports quartus 13.1?

please help..

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

custom board

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Okay,

Can you confirm if your usb blaster and usb cable are working fine with help of some other board??

If USB blaster are working fine. than problem is related to the power.

Check VCCINT, VCCIO, and VCCA pins if it is meeting it's POR requirements.

Also check the pull up / pull down resistors on configuration sides. 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyc3/cyc3_ciii51010.pdf

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

thank u for ur reply.

i thought that .sof file was loaded 100% into fpga board means that USB Blaster -ii emulator works fine.

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

and also the USB Blater ii emulator supports our fpga cyclone iii(EP3C80U484I7)?

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Recreate the eclipse project with correct sopcinfo and check.

0 Kudos
ukuma8
Beginner

thanku for ur reply.

finally after doing above posibility iam going to install low ver Quartus ii (ver 12.1) with usb blaster ii emulator.

0 Kudos