FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
4953 Discussions

preloader not execute completely

kaushal
Novice

Hello Friends,

I have generate preloader by following steps.

Quartus18.1->bsp-editor->Generate

(serial enable, boot from qspi enable, semi hosting enable, watchdog disable)

go to software/spl_bsp and do "Make" --> and "make uboot" and i got "u-boot-spl"

in spl_bsp/uboot_socfpga folder.

now using this "u-boot-spl"

i invoke armds ide through Quartus18.1 embedded shell

In the field Connection should be set the CV SoCKit 1-1 option

Set the file u-boot-spl on the Files tab, through workspace u-boot-spl. Set the flag «Load symbols». Remain the «Files» field empty.

Switch off a debugging script launching on the Debugging tab.

Run terminal utility and press the «Debug» button. The preloader is loaded into memory and a debugger is ready to launch. 

it suppose to show something like 

U-Boot SPL 2013.01.01 (Oct 13 2020 - 16:45:28)

BOARD : Altera SoCFPGA Cyclone V Board

CLOCK: EOSC1 clock 25000 KHz

CLOCK: EOSC2 clock 25000 KHz

CLOCK: F2S_SDR_REF clock 0 KHz

CLOCK: F2S_PER_REF clock 0 KHz

CLOCK: MPU clock 925 MHz

CLOCK: DDR clock 400 MHz

CLOCK: UART clock 100000 KHz

CLOCK: MMC clock 50000 KHz

CLOCK: QSPI clock 370000 KHz

RESET: COLD SDRAM: Initializing MMR registers

SDRAM: Calibrating PHY

SEQ.C: Preparing to start memory calibration

SEQ.C: CALIBRATION PASSED

SDRAM: 1024 MiB ALTERA DWMMC: 0 Card did not respond to voltage select! spl: mmc init failed: err - -17 ### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

but instead it shows as highlighted red box in attached print-screen on preloader execution process.

Please help me out what went wrong , why not my preloader execute completely , why it stuck by just showing 

"U-Boot SPL 2013.01.01 (Oct 13 2020 - 16:45:28)"

please see the attached for reference 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kaushal
Novice

here i am trying to re-write "preloader not execute completely" little crisp for batter understanding

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The source code of the no-OS software and the scripts can be downloaded from the Analog Devices github.

no-OS Software
https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/ad-fmcomms2-ebz/software/baremetal

AD9361 No-OS Software https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/no-OS/tree/master/ad9361/sw
Generic Platform Driver https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/no-OS/tree/master/ad9361/sw/platform_generic

I have Cyclone V-SoC-kit board from Arrow and I have been trying to Run "AD9361 No-OS Software"

Tool Used: Quartus18.1, ARMDS2020.0

So far, I have been following these below steps:

1. Download "Generic Platform Driver" from GitHub and using tcl scriptor generated HDL Project (source ./system_project.tcl)

2. using plateform designer generate hdl (using system_bd.qsys)

3. Successfully compiled on Quartus

4. Generated a preloader using bsp-editor.(Enable-Semihosting,SDRAM_SCRUBBING,SERIAL_SUPPORT,BOOT_FROM_QSPI,DISABLE WATCHDOG)

5. Generated preloader using make command

6. Generated u-boot.img using make uboot commad

7. Using SOCEDS Command shell open ARMDS 2020.0 (./armds_ide)

8. then Run->Debug COnfiguration by selecting following configuration

in Connection Tab:-
8.1 Plateform-->Cyclone V SoC(Dual Core)->Baremetal-> debug Cortex-A9_0
8.2 Target COnnection->USB Blasetr
8.3 Connection CV SoC kit

In File Tab:-
-> Select u-boot-spel from file system (where bsp-editor generate u-boot-spl file)

9.Apply->Debug

10. Open putty and connect to the board (115200, 8bit, 1 stop bit, handshaking:none)

The result on putty terminal is nothing. I received nothing on the Putty terminal.

Please Comment where i am doing wrong ...? or what step i missed during entire booting process ?

EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Can you try to boot using below tutorial on booting using QSPI?

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/GSRD131QspiBoot

Also, you may need to recheck you MSEL,BSEL and CSEL pin if they have been set correctly.