FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

problem trying to run Board Test System on windows 8

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I got a new Cyclone V SoC Development Kit , I’m trying to run the Board Test System on my PC ( my PC run windows 8). The BTS doesn’t run on my computer – I tried to run the BTS in XP computability mode but still I have the same problem. 

How I can solve this issue? 

Thanks for the help
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just wonder if you are using the same Quartus II version with the development kit software? Generally the BTS issue will occur when you are using different Quartus II version. If issue still persist, you might need to get away from BTS and create simple design for hardware testing. You could also contact Altera to understand if there is any OS compatibility issue with BTS.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Generally if I get into issue with BTS, to avoid gating my development progress, I will try to create my own test design. This would avoid dependency on the BTS which I have no visibility into it.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

BTS is heavily dependent on the Quartus software version. Make sure you use the same Quartus version with the dev kit installer version. Or maybe you want to try this https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd01292013_416.html

0 Kudos