FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

"Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1" use 10AS048H4F34 and EPCQL256

scong4
New Contributor I

Hi

I use a arria10 10AS048H4F34 with a EPCQL256 . I can download a simple program in it and turn on some LEDs by a USB Blaster II. If I write the .pof file to the EPCQL256 by a EEPROM programmer and mount it to the board , the FPGA can work. But if I use JTAG to download the .jic file to the EPCQL256 , it shows a error as below :

"

Error(209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1. A device's silicon ID is different from its JTAG ID. Verify that all cables are securely connected, select a different device, or check the power on the target system. Make sure the device pins are connected and configured correctly. 

"

Some of my settings:

MSEL : 011

Mode : Active Serial x 4

How should I fix the problem ? It looks like my hardware works well .

0 Kudos
1 Solution
scong4
New Contributor I

Yes, it's maybe a third-party device . After I change to a confirmed intel device , I can program the device .

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JLIU45
Novice

Is the EPCQ device the official one from Intel? As I know, some third-party devices cannot be supported by USB Balster, since the device ID is not compatible to Intel.

0 Kudos
scong4
New Contributor I

Yes, it's maybe a third-party device . After I change to a confirmed intel device , I can program the device .

Thanks

0 Kudos