FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

read/write SRAM

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am a beginner. I have a MAXII dev kit (http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-maxii-1270.html). 

I like to use Verilog to design a counter: 

input -- either use the on-board push buttons or use on-board Clock signal 

output -- send the counter's output to a SRAM (e.g. the on-board 128K x 8 SRAM), then read the SRAM content to check the counter's output. 

I can do the counter code (not sure about the push button part) but I don't know how to do the rest. I read the reference design codes (e.g. SRAMinterface.v) that come with the Kit but I am unable to figure out how to use them. I also read SOPC Builder User Guide but I don't know how to use the information there either.  

As you can see, I am very very new to this. Would someone please post a sample Verilog code or explain to me the whole process/steps or point me to the right direction for research to get me started? Any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.
0 Kudos
0 Replies