FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

schematic for MAX10 dev kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

where is the schematic, / pin out diagram for this dev kit, there is NOTHING in the user manual, and nothing came with the kit? :mad:

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You mean this: https://www.altera.com/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/max-10-fpga-development-kit.html and then click on the "Documentation" link? :oops::rolleyes:

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Per your reply above, it is not the correct dev kit. 

My bad I should have specified 10M08E144 it is just a max 10 with a pin out to the connectors, however, I need to know what voltage, and how the pinout works, there is silkscreen, but no schematic. I need to interface this board to another board.  

the only doc is a user manual with no pin out. I have the board, it came with no documentation, and pointed me to a web page that does not exist.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well in that case you need to contact the manufacturer of the board. It is not Altera's problem (I am NOT an Altera employee, just a user). 

If the manufacturer is no longer in business, and google finds nothing, you are SOL or will have to reverse engineer the board to discover the connectivity. 

I get my Altera development boards from TerAsic, they provide very good documentation on their products. 

Probably not what you wanted to hear.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

axelsys advertises as an electronic design services provider, but doesn't show any references to the MAX10 development kit. Not clear if the board has been made for and is distributed by a third party. Who ever distributes it should provide basic information like connector pinout in relation to FPGA pins.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Exactly my point, board distributed by altera, and completely forgot to add a pinout chart for connector J8 and J9, + no schematic anywhere to be found

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So you mean this: https://www.altera.com/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-max-10-evaluation.html

Scroll down to Table 2 for the 'Complete kit documentation link' (to this: ftp://ftp.altera.com/outgoing/devkit/14.0/max10_10m08e144_eval_v14.0.2.exe

and then install it, I get a file 'Altera_10M08S_E144_eval_schematic_REV_1_0.pdf' in a folder which is a complete, full schematic. 

I uploaded it as an attachment, just for reference. 

FYI J8 and J9 pinouts are also silkscreened directly onto the board itself.
0 Kudos