FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5929 Discussions

system-console: control timing of multiple commands (wait/pause?)

covfefe
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am using batches of commands sent together on the system-console interface. I do need to be able to control the timing of the commands (the device appears to need a very short pause in between each). 

1) Is there a pause 1us or X clock cycles, or similar command available that can be sent from the system-console?

In the documentation, I could only find executor_wait_for but it requires a handle (don't have one) and the unit is unclear. 

Example of commands sent. The SPI here is tripping and needs a couple extra clock cycles between each write.

master_write_16 {/channels/local/m/master_1} {0x200183a2} {0x049a};
master_write_16 {/channels/local/m/master_1} {0x20018458} {0xe5a7};
master_write_16 {/channels/local/m/master_1} {0x200185a8} {0xba4d};

system-console 12.1

Or is there a better way to do large SPI read/writes (100s at a time?)

2) I can't manage to solve what seems to be a very simple problem. The following code works when I call rreg2 but not rreg

# TCL script for system console:
proc rreg {master addr} {
	foreach a $addr {
		rreg2 $master $a
    }
}

proc rreg2 {master addr} {
	puts "master_read_16 $master $addr 1;"
	master_read_16 $master $addr 1;
}

Example:

#This works:
rreg2 /channels/local/m/master_1 0x20010200
#This does not work:
rreg  /channels/local/m/master_1 0x20010200

Could you point me to the right direction?

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

1) I don't know how to space out writes, but for reads, you can use the monitor service type and specify how often you want to perform a read.  For writes, maybe you could just do a dummy read between writes to space them out.

2) For rreg2, you specified the number of 16-bit reads to perform (1).  For rreg, you didn't, so the command won't work.

You also need to be using claim_service after opening the master service path.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Raphael,

More information related to monitor service you can refer link below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683552/18-1/monitor-service.html

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Raphael,

May I know if there is any update?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

0 Kudos