FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

unable to access ftp.altera.com

MapleDoi
Beginner

I have read through some tutorials on DE1-SoC and found that some of the people said that they find tutorials from there. But I cannot access.

I have tried to create netowork location but it said I have no the permission.

Or the tutorials inside there are the same as the user manual that can be downloaded on terasic website?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

This link is no longer available but you may refer to https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/13.1.4/Standard/de1-soc-my-first-hps/ DE1-SoC My First HPS. This shows how to use the HPS to communicate with FPGA.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

This link is no longer available. May I know which document you are looking for? Could you provide the name?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MapleDoi
Beginner

Hi, I am looking for the tutorial in ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/Altera_Material/15.1/Tutorials/

I am actually study on how to communicate / pass data back and forth between HPS and FPGA, I found some articles and forum discussions saying that they learnt from that, so was thinking to follow up and see whats in there.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

This link is no longer available but you may refer to https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/13.1.4/Standard/de1-soc-my-first-hps/ DE1-SoC My First HPS. This shows how to use the HPS to communicate with FPGA.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
MapleDoi
Beginner

Hello, I have tried that tutorial before, and its just on the HPS side.

Anyway thanks.

BTW, another question if it is okay, so far the tutorial I found the communication between HPS-FPGA are using C or C++ on the HPS side, but I am using Python, is there any way to establish the communication between HPS and FPGA using Python?

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Upon checking, all the tutorials are in C/C++. You can still use python but there is no example/tutorials in python.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos