FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5281 Discussions

windriver /PC cannot see on-chip ram on PCIe starter kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi , I programmed my cyclone 4gx starter kit demo board with the reference design and built a wriver for it using jungo windriver. it all seemed to work well till i mistakenly set up a repeat write which i think wrote over memory locations beyond the limits of the assigned address space in the reference design. Since then, when i tried to do a read/write to the memory location, i got the error message from the windriver sample code that there is not memory/io to be written to. I shut the system down, reconfigured the FPGA with a newly built reference design and still had no luck finding the memory bank. I tried regenerating the driver for the new build and that was when I realised windriver only list interrupt and configuration space, but no on-chip ram user space. Now all i can do is read/write to the configuration space but not the on-chip RAM. I have a feeling something has changed on my pc as when i rebooted it, there was a message that the monitor's driver has been recovered. i think i did a bit of a damage in my reckless write command, how do i get it back to normal? already tried system restore with any luck. any help will be well appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies