cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
834 Discussions

BittWare D4-AMC Dual Altera Stratix IV FPGA AdvancedMC with VITA 57 Site

3/35/D4am.jpg

BittWare’s D4-AMC (D4AM) features the I/O processing power of two Altera Stratix IV FPGAs. The D4AM is a mid- or full-size, single wide AdvancedMC that can be attached to AdvancedTCA carriers or other cards equipped with AMC bays, and used in MicroTCA systems. An Altera Stratix IV GX FPGA paired with a Stratix IV E make the D4AM an extremely high-density, flexible board. The FPGAs are connected by two full-duplex 2 GByte/sec lanes of parallel I/O for data sharing. Each FPGA supports BittWare’s ATLANTiS FrameWork to greatly simplify application development and integration. Providing enhanced flexibility is a VITA 57-compliant FMC site, which connects directly to the Stratix IV E FPGA for LVDS and to the Stratix IV GX for SerDes. The board also provides an IPMI system management interface and a configurable 18-port AMC SerDes interface supporting a variety of protocols. On-board memory includes up to 1 GByte of DDR3 and 128 MBytes of Flash, and Ethernet is available via the AMC front and rear panels.

• VITA 57 FMC site for I/O and processing expansion
  • Dual FPGAs: Altera Stratix IV E and Stratix IV GX supported by BittWare’s ATLANTiS™ FrameWork
  • BittWare’s FINe™ III Host/Control Bridge provides control plane processing and interface
  • AMC I/O: 18 ports SerDes, 1 port GigE
  • Additional I/O: 10/100 Ethernet, 16 GPIO, RS-232, and JTAG

3/34/D4am-blkdiag.jpg

Options for additional processing and data conversion

BittWare D4-AMC FMC I/O Options

AA-FMC [AAFM]: Quad Anemone™ Floating Point Co-Processor VITA-57 FMC

3FAD: 1 - 4 Channels 8-bit, up to 5 GSPS ADC VITA-57 FMC

3FAE: 1-4 Channels 10-bit, up to 5 GSPS ADC VITA-57 FMC

3FAN: 8 Channels 12-bit, 65 MSPS ADC VITA-57 FMC

3FAP: 4 Channels 14-bit, 250 MSPS ADC VITA-57 FMC

3FDJ: 1 - 4 channels 16-bit, up to 1 GSPS DAC VITA-57 FMC

3FTV: 2 channels, 14-bit, 250 MSPS ADC and 2 channels, 16-bit, 800 MSPS DAC VITA-57 FMC

SP-FMC [SPFM]: 4 Front-Panel SFP Transceivers VITA-57 FMC

Attachments
Version history
Last update:
‎06-24-2019 05:54 PM
Updated by:
Contributors