cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

BittWare S4-AMC Altera Stratix IV GX AdvancedMC

BittWare S4-AMC Altera Stratix IV GX AdvancedMC with Optional VITA 57 FMC for I/O

d/de/S43x.jpg

BittWare S4-AMC Altera Stratix IV GX AdvancedMC with Optional VITA 57 FMC for I/O

Based on Altera’s Stratix IV GX FPGA, BittWare’s S4-AMC (S4AM) is a mid- or full-size, single wide AdvancedMC that can be attached to AdvancedTCA carriers or other cards equipped with AMC bays, and used in MicroTCA systems. The S4AM features a high-density, low-power Altera Stratix IV GX FPGA designed specifically for serial I/O-based applications, creating a completely flexible, reconfigurable AMC. Providing enhanced flexibility is the VITA 57-compliant FMC site, which features 8 SerDes, 80 LVDS pairs, and 6 clocks directly to the FPGA. BittWare’s ATLANTiS FrameWork, in conjunction with the FINe III Host/Control Bridge, greatly simplifies application development and integration of this powerful board. The board also provides an IPMI system management interface, a configurable 15-port AMC SerDes interface supporting a variety of protocols, and a front panel 4x SerDes interface supporting CPRI and OBSAI. Additionally, the board features 10/100 Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 2 banks of DDR3 SDRAM, 2 banks of QDRII+ SRAM, and Flash memory for booting the FPGAs and FINe.

• VITA 57 FMC site for I/O and processing expansion
  • High density Altera Stratix IV GX supported by BittWare’s ATLANTiS™ FrameWork
  • BittWare’s FINe™ III Host/Control Bridge provides control plane processing and interface
  • Fully connected to AMC (16 ports SerDes, 4 ports GPIO)
  • I/O includes 10/100/1000 Ethernet, SerDes, LVDS, RS-232, and JTAG

8/82/S43x-blkdiag.jpg

Options for additional processing and data conversion

BittWare S4-AMC FMC I/O Options

AA-FMC [AAFM]: Quad Anemone™ Floating Point Co-Processor VITA-57 FMC

3FAD: 1 - 4 Channels 8-bit, up to 5 GSPS ADC VITA-57 FMC

3FAE: 1-4 Channels 10-bit, up to 5 GSPS ADC VITA-57 FMC

3FAN: 8 Channels 12-bit, 65 MSPS ADC VITA-57 FMC

3FAP: 4 Channels 14-bit, 250 MSPS ADC VITA-57 FMC

3FDJ: 1 - 4 channels 16-bit, up to 1 GSPS DAC VITA-57 FMC

3FTV: 2 channels, 14-bit, 250 MSPS ADC and 2 channels, 16-bit, 800 MSPS DAC VITA-57 FMC

SP-FMC [SPFM]: 4 Front-Panel SFP Transceivers VITA-57 FMC

Attachments
Version history
Last update:
‎06-24-2019 06:21 PM
Updated by:
Contributors