cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Fedora Linux Desktop Install

Fedora Linux Desktop Install

[Under construction]

The objective of this page is to be a one stop place for instructions on installing Altera tools on Fedora 17. I will not run through the install itself, just post installation stuff to get the altera tools up.

Suggestions for installation

1) I on where you install your applications by default

2) I would install a 64 bit OS, if possible

3) Start with a default desktop install, you can install everything else later

Packages for altera stuff

yum install tcsh

(more needed, got to run through and install again)

#For those using sssd, you should install both 64bit and 32bit variants - acrobat wont work without the 32 bit variant

yum install sssd-client.x86_64 sssd-client.i686

Fedora 17 USB Blaster udev rule

save this to /etc/udev/rules.d/51-usbblaster.rules

# USB-Blaster

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTR{idProduct}=="6001", MODE="0666", SYMLINK+="usbblaster-%k"

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTR{idProduct}=="6002", MODE="0666", SYMLINK+="usbblaster-%k"

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTR{idProduct}=="6003", MODE="0666", SYMLINK+="usbblaster-%k

#USB-Blaster II

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTR{idProduct}=="6010", MODE="0666", SYMLINK+="usbblasterii-%k"

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTR{idProduct}=="6810", MODE="0666", SYMLINK+="usbblasterii-%k"

Version history
Last update:
‎06-27-2019 12:22 AM
Updated by:
Contributors