Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCLinux on NEEK via SD-Card Application Loader

UCLinux on NEEK via SD-Card Application Loader

This uCLinux distribution was created using the current (July 2008) uClinux-dist and BuildRoot system, informations and downloads from the Nios Wiki and the eek.sh script provided with the NEEK. 

Kernel messages can be seen on the NEEK serial port (115,200 baud, no parity). 

After booting, a shell interface is launched on the serial port.

The network (done with the newest version of open the source "Igor" ipCore) comes up and gets configured by DHCP (if desired).

<span id="fck_dom_range_temp_1285651650710_111" />A shell can be accessed via Telnet.

Files can be viewed and uploaded via FTP: ananymous login: on /home/ftp, root login (password uClinux): all dirs (busybox->ls has been needed to be activated for this). 

If you are not connected to a DHCP server, please run "ifconfig eth0 www.xxx.yyy.zzz" in the serial port session to activate the network when starting the first time.

Access via HTTP to /home/http is granted. Here a small homepage with a demo cgi-program and a demo haserl based cgi configuration script can be tested.

A flash based file system in the NEEK flash is mounted and can hold configuration settings (see Wiki->startup-scripts).

A Nano-X based GUI is started on the NEEK LCD touchscreen. 

Release Notes: as this speeds up the haserl scrips a lot, I created an "echo" work alike in C and used this instead of the one in Busybox. The 21 line C source is provided with the binary.

echo.c:

#include <stdio.h>

int main (int argc, char **argv) {

int lf, c, i, j;

char *s;

s =*(++argv);

if ((*s == '-') && (*(s+1) == 'n')) {

lf = 0;

argv++;

argc--;

} else {

lf = '\\n';