Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZBT SRAM Controller

ZBT SRAM Controller

Stratix II and beyond do not have a ZBT OE control circuit in the IO for use with ZBT SRAMs, only Stratix I had this.  I did some analysis awhile back for a one bus turnaround solution with ZBT SRAM. The results can be used for SII, SIIGX, etc. A write up and verilog ZBT SRAM controller design and testbench are attached. ZBT SRAM bus functional models were used for timing simulation but they are removed from the zip file for licensing reasons. 

d/db/Figure1_zbt.JPG

This solution uses a single cycle turnaround between reads and writes, so its not really ZBT but for the system I was using, I was reading 95% of the time so this cycle latency turnaround didn't affect my efficiency much.  IP is here free for others to use.

c/cc/Figure2_zbt_block.JPG

Another option is to create your own ZBT delay for the OE signal - perhaps with a 2x clock controlling the OE so the turn on time is delayed a bit. Didn't investigate this further, but an idea that could be built upon if someone really wants to build custom ZBT interface in newer families.

Altera_II_ZBT_SRAM.doc

Zbt.zip

© 2010 Altera Corporation. The material in this wiki page or document is provided AS-IS and is not 

supported by Altera Corporation. Use the material in this document at your own risk; it might be, for example, objectionable, 

misleading or inaccurate.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎06-26-2019 02:41 PM
Updated by:

Contributors