GPU Compute Software
Ask questions about Intel® Graphics Compute software technologies, such as OpenCL* GPU driver and oneAPI Level Zero
165 Discussions

Duplicate device returned from clGetDeviceIDs when "Citrix Indirect Display Adapter" is installed.

kimsk
Beginner

I'm running Intel(R) OpenCL HD Graphics on HP EliteBook 840 G7, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U, driver version 27.20.100.8190, Windows 10 (v.2004).

When installing Citrix Workspace, a Citrix Indirect Display Adapter is created. When this adapter is enabled, clGetDeviceIDs seems to return the "Intel(R) UHD Graphics" device twice for the same platform. There doesn't seem to be any way to differentiate between them through parameters, but the cl_device_id is different.

If both devices are given to clCreateContext, error CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY is returned.

If only the first device is given, it seems to work fine. But I don't trust that this would always be the case, and I haven't tested performance yet to check if selecting the "incorrect" device would actually work properly. And I don't know if there would be intel platforms which actually could have multiple such devices.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Brandon_F_Intel
Employee

Hi @kimsk,

The driver team reports this issue has been resolved publicly as of driver version 27.20.100.8783 (latest as of this post is 27.20.100.9168).  Please try updating your driver and report back if the issue persists.  Happy computing!

Regards,
Brandon Fliflet
GPGPU Software Architect
Intel(r) Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Brandon_F_Intel
Employee

Hi @kimsk,

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. This appears to be a driver bug with our recently added support for multi-GPU systems.  I will forward this to the driver engineering team to address, report back our findings and any potential workarounds until a fix is publicly released.  Happy computing!

Regards,
Brandon Fliflet
GPGPU Software Architect
Intel(r) Corporation

0 Kudos
Brandon_F_Intel
Employee

Hi @kimsk,

The driver team reports this issue has been resolved publicly as of driver version 27.20.100.8783 (latest as of this post is 27.20.100.9168).  Please try updating your driver and report back if the issue persists.  Happy computing!

Regards,
Brandon Fliflet
GPGPU Software Architect
Intel(r) Corporation

0 Kudos