GPU Compute Software
Ask questions about Intel® Graphics Compute software technologies, such as OpenCL* GPU driver and oneAPI Level Zero
165 Discussions

cstdint not found during dpcpp compilation

clicia
New Contributor I

Dear all,

I have a Laptop with the following description:

Processor: 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 Processor

Graphics Card: Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics 4GB LPDDR4x memory

Memory: 16GB, onboard, LPDDR4x, 3200MHz

Hard Drive: 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

This laptop has two GPUs: a discrete Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics processor and an integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics processor. I used this instruction: https://dgpu-docs.intel.com/devices/iris-xe-max-graphics/index.html to configure an Ubuntu 20.04.1 to use these cards.

Now I have a host and a device, both with 20.04.1 LTS and with oneapi installed but I am not able to run oneapi properly.

In the VM every time I try to compile using dpcpp I get an error as follows:

clicia_0-1631622268788.png

In the host, on the other hand, oneapi sample code seems to compile without error,  but the device code don't execute. The following image ins the output of "vector-add sample":

clicia_1-1631622477901.png

when I was expecting the following output:

clicia_2-1631622581894.png

Could anyone help me to understand what I am missing to compile and execute an dpc++ sample on my Iris GPU properly?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please let us know the version of Intel® GPU drivers you are using?

If you are not using the latest Intel® GPU drivers, then could you please try installing the Intel® GPU drivers from the link provided below and try compile and run the sample "vector-add" program?

https://dgpu-docs.intel.com/installation-guides/ubuntu/ubuntu-focal.html

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
clicia
New Contributor I

Hi Santosh,

In fact I was using a different version of GPU drivers. Your tutorial solved my problem and now "vector-add program" works properly:

clicia_0-1631886812933.png

Thank you!

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos