Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

8fps on pubg very low 480p

CryoLexis
New Contributor I

literally the laggiest game ever, i see people with 30-50fps on iris with the same graphics settings and im here lagging at 7fps barely able to do anything because it crashes due to lag. i have no idea whats wrong, benchmarks say i can run it, but theres something wrong. I really need a fix, i tried 70 on resolution scale and it hasnt improved performance one bit, it works like a charm on the loading screens, 50 in the lobby and 400 when loading, and as soon as i get to the deployment part the plane freezes and stutters and continues till it crashes a few seconds after landing. I really need some help! 

0 Kudos
18 Replies
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

messing with the gpu fixed the fps drops most of the time, but it still crashes every few minutes, it freezes and quits without a single error message. Its hard to finish a match without crashes. I saw that updating drivers would fix it, since mine are a bit outdated, can you confirm this works? I might try it since my up to date 2nd gpu works fine without crashes even tho performance is 2x less

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CryoLexis,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your integrated Intel graphics.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the exact integrated graphics model that you have?

2. What are the games affected by this issue?

3. What is the operating system installed as well as the build and version?

4. Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

5. Is this issue recent? When did it start?

6. Is the lagging and crashing issues also present while browsing?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

1. What is the exact integrated graphics model that you have? - INTEL IRIS XE version 30.0.101.1692 (downgraded due to advice for another issue) considering updating to newest version for this

2. What are the games affected by this issue? - Only PUBG

3. What is the operating system installed as well as the build and version? Windows 11, version of the game? up to date, so is windows

4. Is this a laptop or desktop computer? Laptop

5. Is this issue recent? When did it start? - Just after downloading and booting it up (since the very first launch)

6. Is the lagging and crashing issues also present while browsing? - No lagging when im out of PUBG or in any other games (Graphics also seem to be a bit odd, with a few rendering errors and lots of lagging) first time freezing caused a game to crash, also the first time experiencing freezing more than 1nc in a single game, and after every restart and crash itll just recrash a few moments after entering matches

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CryoLexis, 

Thanks for the confirmation. As a test, I would like you to try the following:

1. Performa clean install of the Intel graphics driver (if the Intel driver did not work, try with the latest drivers from your laptop manufacturer):

2. Try to perform a clean install of the game.

3. If you have selected DX12, try to change it to DX11.

4. Try to get in contact with the Game developer to confirm if this is a known issue on their side.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

It didnt work! I updated drivers and checked all my settings. Booting it up and it runs at 1fps, it crashes like a 100 times and lookie here, its a perfect smooth 40fps, but then it crashes right when the match begins and keeps doing so till its back at 1fps, i have to restart and disable renable graphics just to make it work at 20fps and it still crashes. It just ran perfectly at 40fps no lag or insane waiting times like usual and it literally crashed and now its no longer working, its running at 1fps and wont even load the match. I need a fix PLEASE

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CryoLexis, 

Thanks for the confirmation. In order to investigate this behavior, please provide the following:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

3. Can you take a picture of the in-game graphics setting?

4. can you take a short video where we can see the issue?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

ill post the other info soon

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CryoLexis, 

Thanks for the report, I will be waiting for the video and the pictures.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

Here are my settings currently, ive also tested with everything at lowest possible, not a fix. Im finding it hard to record the crashing game, especially since xbox bar ruins performance a bunch, but basically the crashes are exactly as described. Land, works for around 2 minutes when lucky, freeze, works again for less around a minute, freeze, crash. Other times it crashes right when the parachute opens

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CryoLexis, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CryoLexis, 

Before I proceed to replicate this issue I would like to confirm, where did you download the game (Steam, Epic, etc)?

Also, if possible, record a video where we can see the crash or the low FPS. You can use your phone to take the video.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

Hey, i got the game on Steam. I think this is a weird problem only steam has, since warzone also crashed but without even launching, i havent tested it on any other platforms though. Ill also try to send the video, 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CryoLexis, 

Thanks for the confirmation, I understand that you may need more time to take the video. I will be waiting for your next response.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CryoLexis,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

yes sorry, i havent been playing pubg recently bcs of their last and massive update, im not sure if the issue persists, not sure if i should waste time updating either. might just uninstall, unless i can get a solution. thanks

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CryoLexis, 

I am sorry to know that you could not play the game due to the update and the issue. I would like to know if you want to close this thread or if you want to continue with the support.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CryoLexis,  

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CryoLexis,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos