Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

CPU Voltage

maestro
Beginner

Dear community,

Since changing my power supply (from 850W to 750W), I have noticed that my CPU volts in the BIOS have risen to 1,465V, before it was about 1,288V. On desktop, the volts average around 0.9-1.0V, but when I'm gaming, the average is 1,450V and the maximum is 1.5V.

As you can see from the screenshot, I haven't adjusted or overclocked anything. Is that problematic, like it is with me or ok?

My processor is an: Intel Core i7-13700KFimage0.jpeg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel

Hello maestro 

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

The Operating Voltage for the 13th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors will be up to a maximum of 1.72V, in this case, it is ok if the voltages are going around 1.2V to 1.5V.

I would advise you to reset your motherboard settings to defaults and visit your manufacturer's website to update your Bios to the latest version if not yet updated to get the most optimal management ad performance from your motherboard.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hugo_Intel

Hello maestro 

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

The Operating Voltage for the 13th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors will be up to a maximum of 1.72V, in this case, it is ok if the voltages are going around 1.2V to 1.5V.

I would advise you to reset your motherboard settings to defaults and visit your manufacturer's website to update your Bios to the latest version if not yet updated to get the most optimal management ad performance from your motherboard.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello maestro

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos