Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
380 Discussions

Does Arc control "Opt into Driver boost" setting benefit Iris Xe Graphics?

Xillvion
New Contributor I
Two days ago, I found out that I can install the Arc drivers on Iris Xe, which I had no problems after doing so.

This setting in Arc control called "Opt into Driver boost" is supposed to improve game performance/stability. So i'm wondering if Iris Xe Graphics have the same benefits as Arc GPUs do.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities.  

To provide you with accurate information I will need more time to check if the setting in Intel® Arc™ Control called "Opt into Driver boost" has the same benefits as Intel® Arc™ Graphics for Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.

Regards,  

Andres P.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion,

I am still investigating your request, for a better understanding, please provide the following information:

• What is the Intel® Arc™ driver version that you have installed?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I

31.0.101.3802, but i'm updating to 31.0.101.3959, only to see if the problems from the beta version still exist.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion,  

Thank you for your response. 

Now that you provided me with that information, I will be able to continue with the investigation to check if Iris Xe Graphics has the same benefits as Arc GPUs do when "Opt into Driver boost" is enabled.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion,

As per my investigation, enabling "Opt into Driver Boost" will update the drivers with the latest optimizations for games/apps and it will improve the performance/stability. This applies to Intel® Integrated Graphics and Intel® Arc™ Graphics.

As the information you needed was provided, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Xillvion,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

0 Kudos