Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
377 Discussions

Don't want games to run on the Intel GPU

harri1
Beginner

Hi,

my laptop has a Intel UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce MX250. So usually I only play casual old school games on it, because for new games and larger stuff I use my Playstation. However, I bought a game a year ago which doesn't really have great graphics but eats memory like it's candy (PoE 2). The 1GB Intel cannot keep up, so I hoped dedicating the 2GB NVIDIA as the main GPU for 3D would resolve the issue. But my laptop still uses the Intel as the main GPU which has detrimental effects on performance, as it only switches to the NVIDIA when GPU use on the Intel is over 95% at which point the game lags as hell. The NVIDIA is already set as the primary processing unit in the NVIDIA settings, but I can't find any comparable setting in the Intel Control Room - My current guess is that the Intel Control Room or some other settings are overwriting the NVIDIA settings. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello harri1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® UHD Graphics 620. I will be glad to assist you.

Please be aware that for hybrid graphics configuration, it is recommended to contact the laptop manufacturer, as this may vary depending on the device.

Regarding the performance issue, please try a clean installation of the latest graphics driver 31.0.101.3790 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html). You may also perform the clean installation using the latest driver version provided by the laptop manufacturer (recommended).

Make sure to follow the Clean Installation steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos