Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
361 Discussions

Intel Graphics Command Center not detecting games

Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

A month or two back, I made a post just like this one and accepted as a solution for installing drivers from the manufacturer. I did get in contact with my manufacturer (HP) and they keep telling me to download the DCH drivers. I have the drivers and IGCC. But I cannot add any games. For example, I have Minecraft Java edition that I own officially. And GTA V, The same description goes from here:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-HD-graphics-command-center-not-detecting-games/m-p/1326934#M102357

I do have a few games in Origin, Which I understand it will not detect games in launchers. But what about Minecraft itself? I have installed the DCH driver update above .9955

When I use Intel Command Center, I somehow lose fps vs the Intel Graphics Control Panel, I get a stable amount. 

I will create a SSU report later. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hey Josue, I have found a solution!

I Uninstalled IGCC With Iobit Uninstaller pro, To get the pro key, I found it on a giveaway online.

I removed the Graphics Display Driver with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

Download from here: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Run the .exe

Extract the files to wherever you want

Locate the folder, Open it and run the .exe

Give it Admin permissions

There a couple of messages on startup, I did not go into safe mode. 

Select device type: GPU

It should automatically detect an Intel GPU.

Click the : Clean And Restart (Highly Recommended)

This will take a few moments....

Your pc will automatically restart

Download the DCH Drivers: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Disconnect from the internet to prevent any updates.

Run the installer

Follow the Installer's instructions (The installer will take a very long time because all of the registry files, and OEM traces are deleted, and all of the files from  the previous driver.)

I would recommend rebooting your pc so the driver takes full effect.

Reconnect to the internet

Download The Intel Graphics Command Center from the Microsoft Store

Click "Accept on startup"

Watch the Cursor if it spinning while IGCC is scanning for games (If not, It is more than likely it work)

Now, I would like intel to fix this problem. IGCC (Public stable) will not show the Launch Button, However, Going to the Beta version Will show the Launch button.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
37 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

We noticed that in the previous thread, you mentioned that you cloned the SSD and we wanted to ask if you reinstall the OS with a clean installation. Also, have you tried to reinstall the games to discard any corrupted files?

A new driver version just got released, please try performing a clean installation using this latest driver, you can download it here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Also, it is important for you to know that the Intel Graphics Command Center will attempt to locate the games at typical installation locations. However, some games can’t be detected because they have a separate launcher (for example, Steam*, Epic*, and others). The Intel Graphics Command Center may detect some games from these launchers but it may not locate all of them. We're adding discoverable games to our catalog regularly. There are also times when a game is updated and a configuration in-game has changed so the game becomes undetectable with the existing parameters. This will require an update to the Intel Graphics Command Center, which will make this game detectable again. However, you can always add games manually via the “+” button (Add Games).

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

I did clone my SSD From a HDD Using Macruim Reflect Free 7, Windows 10 did get corrupted ad I was thinking about reinstalling it (clean), Then I heard about doing a repair/upgrade install, It will replace all of windows files with fresh ones, I did attempt to do it then all of the problems were solved. None of my game's files are not corrupted, Again, The Command Center was working at that time and detected Minecraft and GTA V. But if I were to add it manually, Which files would I select, Minecraft has it's own launcher. So would I use the Minecraft Launcher? 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Thank you for the information provided, we will check your inquiries internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hey Josue, I have updated my driver using Intel Driver & Support Assistant to 101.1191 (Latest Release) And Still no luck, I used both beta and public release of the Command Center. I tried restarting the services. And Nothing still and kept trying pressing the Auto Detect button 5 times and There's nothing that could be added. Is intel planning on updating The Intel Command Center? The last update is in 2018 for the public release and the Beta is in 2019. 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

It is important for you to know that we are constantly updating IGCC. The base released is from 2018 but the current version 1.100.3407.0 was released about 1 month ago. 

As for this particular issue, the IGCC can detect GTAV but we are not sure what could have caused the game detection setting to fail, there is a possibility that the OS cloning could have affected the way the IGCC works. 

In this case, please try to uninstall both IGCC and GTAV and reinstall them to check if they start being detected. In case it doesn’t detect it, as per the game dev's site, the defaults installation path is:

"Default C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V" and look for the game's .exe

You can also find this guide from the game developer on how to do a clean game install useful: 

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360001039047/How-to-Perform-a-Clean-Install-of-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-on-PC

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hey, I have read your post and I have double checked my version and it is the latest. I have GTA V installed on my E: Drive because Rockstar games kept giving me a error on installing it there... I have tried it on my other family's pc that has no games with command center and It does not show the cursor spinning and stopping 3 times. What is causing this?

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Thank you for the information provided, we would like to know if the cursor issue is when you try to scan for games on the IGCC. If not, please let us know when does this happens.

Also, let me know if you tried performing the clean installation of the IGCC and of both games. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

The cursor will spin when I press the "Auto Detect" button. How do I perform a clean install of IGCC And The driver? Again, I have verified my game files and all of them are good. So, I was thinking about about partitioning my ssd again with a fresh install of windows 10 and install a game to see if igcc detects it after that... If it does, I will mark as solution as there is something in the OS that has been damaged.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

For performing the clean installation please follow the next steps:

1. Download the latest DCH drivers and save them on the computer: 

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center and driver from Apps and Features. 

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Apps and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 

2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 

3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 

4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 

7. Install the DCH drivers that were downloaded on step 1 Restart the computer. 

8. Reconnect to the Internet. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Were you able to perform the steps provided in the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hey Josue, I have been very busy, I will perform these steps soon. I will let you know when I do perform them, If the problem still persists, I will make a 100gb partition for a fresh install of windows 10 (Dual booting) And then install the drivers and a game and see if it detects it...

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Don't worry, we will wait for you to be able to perform the steps. Let us know the results as soon as you get them. 

In case I do not hear back from you, I will be following up on the thread next Friday 7th to check how everything went.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hey Josue, I think I have found a "Solution" But I cannot accept it yet. I created a 100gb partition and installed windows 10 fresh and installed the driver and a game. IGCC Detected it without a problem. This is NOT on my existing OS, The cursor was not spinning. My other issue is the Launch button was missing.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, please share with us a screenshot of the issue you are having on the new IGCC installation. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

Hey Josue, I have found a solution!

I Uninstalled IGCC With Iobit Uninstaller pro, To get the pro key, I found it on a giveaway online.

I removed the Graphics Display Driver with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

Download from here: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Run the .exe

Extract the files to wherever you want

Locate the folder, Open it and run the .exe

Give it Admin permissions

There a couple of messages on startup, I did not go into safe mode. 

Select device type: GPU

It should automatically detect an Intel GPU.

Click the : Clean And Restart (Highly Recommended)

This will take a few moments....

Your pc will automatically restart

Download the DCH Drivers: 

Disconnect from the internet to prevent any updates.

Run the installer

Follow the Installer's instructions (The installer will take a very long time because all of the registry files, and OEM traces are deleted, and all of the files from  the previous driver.)

I would recommend rebooting your pc so the driver takes full effect.

Reconnect to the internet

Download The Intel Graphics Command Center from the Microsoft Store

Click "Accept on startup"

Watch the Cursor if it spinning while IGCC is scanning for games (If not, It is more than likely it work)

Now, I would like intel to fix this problem. IGCC (Public stable) will not show the Launch Button, However, Going to the Beta version Will show the Launch button.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Igamerxlcl,

I am glad to hear that the issue is now solved and everything is working fine. Thank you for sharing the steps on the forum since they could help other customers with similar issues. 

Thank you for the feedback regarding the IGCC. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos