Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
380 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 620 Gpu Lags Games

WedgeBudgie
Beginner

so one week ago, i did a clean install of windows 10 and installed everything new including drivers and so on But then after installing the drivers , and i started a Game I notice that my gpu was not using enough shared memory, only using 0.1 to 0.4 of the 8Gb of shared memory available and then i saw that my 3D on the GPU was Going Up and down many times and the shared memory is really low . I don't know what is happening? I did everything i could to fix the problem but I can't.

Specs:
 Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2712 Mhz.
16Gb Ram 
Intel HD Graphics 620

i dont know what is happening ?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello WedgeBudgie,

Thank you for posing on the Intel communities. We understand that you are facing performance issues when playing games.

It is important to mention that the amount of graphics memory in use is dynamically allocated to balance the needs of the operating system and all running applications.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• In what game are you experiencing this performance issue?
  • Is the issue present on older graphic drivers?
  • Verify the game's minimum requirements.
    • Confirm that no other heavy workload programs are running in the background while playing.
    • Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
  • Click the CPU and Memory tabs to check whether anything is using up large chunks of your CPU or RAM (for instance, a web browser with many tabs open).
  • Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU) report: 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."

Also, we noticed that you have a different thread regarding this issue. To void duplicate efforts and confusion, we will close your other thread and will continue the support here.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
WedgeBudgie
Beginner

Hello it's me wedge i don't know why i cant access my other account that's why i couldn't respond so i did a new one. 

• In what game are you experiencing this performance issue?

Guild wars 2 and Csgo simple to run games.

• Is the issue present on older graphic drivers?

yes it is persistent .

here is the report of the  Intel System Support Utility.

yeah Ty for closing my other Post.

also when i play games my CPu goes really hard on the laptop i dont know why . maybe thats why i have so much lag.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello WedgeBudgie,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
WedgeBudgie
Beginner

yes i responded to the other post sorry for being this late but i couldn't access my other account idk why.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello WedgeBudgie

Thank you for your response.

Regarding your issue, we would like to recommend the following:

• Check with the game developer for the latest patches and updates.
  • You mentioned that the CPU workload goes high when playing the games, please confirm that no other heavy workload programs are running in the background while playing.
  1. Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
    1. Click the CPU tabs to check whether anything is using up large chunks of your CPU (for instance, a web browser with many tabs open).
  • Confirm that the processor passes the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool test.
  • It is important to mention that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM) to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers. Please perform a clean driver installation, installing driver 20.19.15.4568.

Best regards,

Jean O.

WedgeBudgie
Beginner

Okey first 

• Check with the game developer for the latest patches and updates.
  • You mentioned that the CPU workload goes high when playing the games, please confirm that no other heavy workload programs are running in the background while playing.
  1. Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
    1. Click the CPU tabs to check whether anything is using up large chunks of your CPU (for instance, a web browser with many tabs open).
  • Confirm that the processor passes the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool test.

here is the test file. 

Then i try installing. 
    WedgeBudgie_0-1677909318586.png

this one but it wouldn't let me since it is Braswell and the laptop is Kaby Lake, So i installed this one 

WedgeBudgie_1-1677909390662.png

Then this one i did installed and it did let me.

WedgeBudgie_2-1677909420872.png

i did try searching for a older graphics card with the number 20.19.15.4568  but i couldnt find any at all.

0 Kudos
WedgeBudgie
Beginner

also for some odd reason my GPU is now at 

WedgeBudgie_0-1677909834016.png

3.0ghz ? even do the base speed is 2.71ghz ? how do i changed it back like how did this happen ?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello WedgeBudgie,

About the frequency, it is important to mention that the Base Frequency for your CPU is 2.70 GHz; however, your processor's Max Turbo Frequency is 3.10 GHz, this is the maximum single-core frequency at which the processor is capable of operating using Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. The behavior you share is under the processor specifications.

Also, regarding your issue, we want to confirm the following:

• When you look through the task manager, do you check if there is a specific app with a heavy workload under the processes tab?
  • Does the performance improve if you end unecessary app processes?
  • Are the task manager screenshots you shared from when you were running the game?
  • Do you know if the games worked like expected before?

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
WedgeBudgie
Beginner
  • As for the Ghz of the CPU, i never set that to turbo boost at all. i dont know how that happen. it wasnt my doing.

• When you look through the task manager, do you check if there is a specific app with a heavy workload under the processes tab?
    No at all when i run games the cpu goes crazy going down and up from 20 to 70 for nothing at all and thats why i have so many lagg spikes 

• Does the performance improve if you end unecessary app processes?
    No at all

• Are the task manager screenshots you shared from when you were running the game?
    yes they are those screenshots are when i run Guild wars 2 on the laptop 

• Do you know if the games worked like expected before?
    not all since this laptop is used so the games are still running bad even do the ram is enough  but the cpu is the problem and i dont know why ? even do i can get my hands  on older graphic drivers like 25.00.00 for 620 hd graphics the most older ones i could get to install where 27.00.00. maybe i need older graphics drivers ?

or is that the drivers of the cpu it self are really old or any other driver in this laptop.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello WedgeBudgie,

Thanks for the information provided.

It is essential to mention that the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology is an automatic process and it lets the CPU run at its base clock speed when handling light workloads, then jump to a higher clock speed for heavy workloads. That's why when you run the game, you put a heavy workload on the CPU, and in doing so, the  Intel® Turbo Boost Technology is activated increasing the CPU speeds up to the Max Turbo Frequency. For further information visit the following article.

We will look further into this scenario and give you a response as soon as possible.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello WedgeBudgie,

We appreciate your patience.

We have tried to replicate your issue in our lab; unfortunately, we did not experience the problems you reported. We recommend you contact your system manufacturer (HP) for further support since this issue can be related to your system (memory, temperatures, etc.).

Also, you can reach out to the game developers for more recommendations.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello WedgeBudgie,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos